Friday, July 6, 2007

Ratatouille

Very enjoyable!

I've decided that I need to just ignore commercials for Pixar movies. Both Toy Story and Finding Nemo had commercials that made me actively loathe the idea of watching the movies. They made the movies look cheap and stupid. And then when I watched the movies years later, they were awesome and had emotional depth and everything. So when the commercials for Ratatouille looked dumb, I went anyway. And I'm glad I did, because it's quite good. Who knew Patton Oswalt could act?

It also made me hungry. And then I felt guilty because as soon as I got home, I had a frozen microwave dinner. Oops! The next day I made baked potatoes, roasted corn on the cob, and delicious grilled steaks, though, so I feel better about it.

I have to say, I don't understand the comments about how odd it is that they made a rat sympathetic. Rats are cute! If anything, Remy is less cute than a real rat.

1 comment:

hanum said...

great animation movie, more advice contained. Good.. good..