Friday, August 10, 2007

Goodfellas

I enjoy this movie and feel it is well-made. It's a lot like a proto-Sopranos, what with all the Lorraine Bracco and Michael Imperioli around the place.

Also, Joe Pesci is just terrific in this. He deserved the Oscar he got. In fact, I personally think this should have won Best Picture instead of [checks IMDB] Dances with Wolves? Seriously? That's crazy.

I kind of hate the DVD, though. No extras and I have to flip the disc over halfway through the movie? That's what I get for buying it right away, I guess.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

If I'm not mistaken, you can also find Tony Sirico (sp?), the dude who played Paulie Walnuts on 'The Sopranos," lurking around in "Goodfellas" too .. I only have it on VHS, which of course means poorer quality, but I'm glad I don't have to flip it over