Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior


My theory is that as soon as civilization crumbles and people start riding motorcycles and getting mohawks, there's a huge rash of shoulder injuries. Because man alive do postapocalyptic Australians love their shoulder pads. Some of them only have one shoulder protected, but they make up for it by adding giant spikes. And I realize that we never actually see anyone's shoulderpads deflect anything, but I'm sure they're very helpful anyway. Offscreen, people without shoulderpads are probably getting their arms chopped off all the time.

Anyway, I have pretty terrible taste in Mad Max movies. I like this one more than the first one, but the one I really like is Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome. I love that movie all to death. But I feel kind of guilty about it, so I occasionally watch Road Warrior so I'll at least be a tenth as familiar with it as I am with Thunderdome.

No comments: