Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cars

This is a pretty good movie, but I'm afraid I didn't like it as much as the other Pixar movies I've seen. That's the problem with making really entertaining movies, I guess.

The other problem is that I'm not really crazy about these movies where the main character is an unlikeable jerk until he learns a valuable lesson about humanity. Er, "automobility". Whatever. My point is that I had to sit through an hour of Lightning McQueen smirking sideways at people, and I think I prefer movies where I enjoy being around the characters. The only character I actually enjoy in this movie is Mater, and that puts me in the awkward situation of enjoying Larry the Cable Guy. What have I become?

The whole movie also brings up some questions. Like, why does the racetrack have a parking lot? That doesn't make a bit of sense!

No comments: