Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meet the Robinsons

About halfway through Meet the Robinsons, I was getting kind of impatient. The only thing I was really enjoying was the ridiculously villainous villain (he's the one slinking around in a cape and huge Dick Dastardly moustache. His skin even has a greenish pallor!). But then we got to the part where the Robinson family started to show up, and then things went absolutely crazy. It's a family of complete crackpots, and I enjoyed them immensely. The movie is based on a book by the guy who created Rolie Polie Olie, and his peculiar style permeates the look of the film. Which is good. I understand this movie looked amazing in 3-D, but my television isn't as High-Def as that.

Having said that, my favorite character is still the villain. He's completely ineffectual and fairly stupid, but he has a great line on acting villainously. And that's a good start! I do wish there had been more time travel-related shenanigans, though.

2 comments:

JordanBaker said...

"Don't let it go!" is a top contender for my favorite movie line of ever.

JordanBaker said...

"Don't let it go!" is a top contender for my favorite movie line of ever.