Saturday, July 12, 2008

Above the Law

I watched this a week ago. I mean, I originally watched it back when it first came out, and I thought it was great. That was back in 1988, when new action stars were popping up all over the place. I still remember the ad for 1991's The Perfect Weapon, which claimed that Jeff Speakman was the future of action or something. It turned out he wasn't. Seagal looked great back then. Aikido looks cool. And then I watched it again a week ago and still liked it. That's about all I can remember, really. I'm beginning to think that terrible New York accent is how Steven Seagal really talks.

By the way, I don't think you can read it at this size, but the movie poster actually says "He's a cop with an attitude" on it. Yes, kids, there was a time when you could say that with a straight face.

No comments: