Friday, July 4, 2008

Under Siege

Hey, why not watch one of Steven Seagal's good movies? This totally holds up, and it's interesting to compare it to Die Hard\. It obviously hits several of the same notes, but it's not just a straight rehash. The stakes are bigger and the explosions are larger, so it makes sense that the hero has more killing power.

The villainy is top-notch, too. It's not quite Alan Rickman, but Tommy Lee Jones does a fine job and seems to be enjoying himself a lot. And Gary Busey makes a lot out of a role that I think is just "comedic bumbling henchman" on the page. I think this movie's absolutely fine. I enjoyed it the first time I saw it, and I enjoyed it this time too.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

If I have to watch a Steven Seagal movie, I'll watch "Executive Decision". Why? Because despite the fact that they were briefly selling it as another Steven Seagal action flick, he dies near the beginning and Kurt Russell gets to have all the fun. Why would I watch Steven Seagal if I could watch Kurt Russell instead? :D