Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Movies

Every year, I find some list of movies that were released that year and decide which ones I liked the best. Here's 2009's list, if you want to play along. These are movies released in 2009 that I saw in 2009. St. Trinian's was released in the US in 2009, bt I saw a UK DVD in 2008, so it doesn't get listed.

This, as always, is in order from "The movie I most enjoyed" to "The movie I least enjoyed". This is not the same thing as ordering by quality, you understand. Sometimes a good movie will just entirely fail to grab me. And sometimes I'll greatly enjoy a terrible movie. I accept this about myself. So let's get started!

Inglourious Basterds
Up
Black Dynamite
Zombieland
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Star Trek
The Hangover
Michael Jackson's This Is It
Funny People
Coraline
Big Fan
Anvil! The Story of Anvil
Ninja Assassin
Adventureland
Avatar
Whip It
Watchmen
The Men Who Stare At Goats
Every Little Step
American Swing
District 9
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Fame
Orphan
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Push
House of the Devil
Drag Me to Hell
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Fanboys
Bruno
I Sell the Dead
The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Hmm. 33 movies, which is up a bit from the last couple of years. And I enjoyed a lot of them. I think I really liked everything from Anvil on up, which is pretty good. The top movie was definitely Inglourious Basterds for me. One of the things I like about it is that I can totally understand if someone didn't like it. I feel no pressure to argue people into it. But me personally, I enjoyed it from top to bottom.

So that's it! I thought 2009 was a very enjoyable year at the movies.

5 comments:

Chris Rywalt said...

Fame? Really?

Monty Ashley said...

I still like the original a lot. So I was willing to try the remake, which wasn't actually terrible. But it wasn't good either.

DeeJay said...

St. Trinian's was fun! We caught it at the local film fest!

DeeJay said...

Also, Basterds was the best film I've seen in a while. One of those movies that I love more each time. So many details and snappy dialogue, Tarantino at his best - ever, in my opinion.

Watch Movies said...

Thanks for great List ! I am big fan of watching films and your shared movie is list seems to be good one. I will also tell about it to my friends as well.